Medicare Child Dental Benefits Schedule
$1000 Free financial support for children aged 2-17 years
- If your child is aged from 2 – 17 years old and you receive government benefits such as Family Tax Benefit Part A, Youth Allowance or other relevant Australian Government benefits you can claim up to $1000 off the cost of your child’s dental treatment.
- The $1000 rebate is per child and can be used over a two calender year period.
- The benefit covers most of the costs associated with dental services including examinations, x-rays, cleaning, white fillings, fissure sealants, root canal treatment and extractions.
- Cosmetic dentistry, orthodontics or hospital visits is not included.
- You can confirm if your child is eligible by calling Medicare on 132 011.
Enhance dental warmly welcomes children and cares for their dental health. Visit our Childrens Dentistry page for more information.
Call Enhance Dental on (03)9533-8488 to make an appointment and inform us your child is eligible for Child Dental Benefits.