At Enhance Dental we are passionate about orthodontics.
Whenever your teeth or jaws do not align correctly you may be suitable to have orthodontics. This is also known as a malocclusion and literally means ‘bad bite’.
Although many people relate orthodontics to the use of braces, these days with incredible advancements in computer technology, orthodontics is now available without the use of braces or wires in many teenage or adult patients.
This new way of doing orthodontics can help you achieve straight teeth without braces with a system called Invisalign.
Invisalign uses a series of removable and clear aligners to gently and effectively straighten your teeth without braces. As the Invisalign aligners are almost clear and virtually invisible you will find most people may not even realise you are straightening your teeth.
The principal dentist, Dr Joseph Paino explains, “Invisalign has revolutionised the way Enhance Dental is now able to do orthodontics. We have over 10 years of experience and have achieved numerous ‘Elite Platinum Provider’ awards. Our dedicated approach to using Invisalign on a multitude of patients from all over Australia has been one of great appreciation using this method of orthodontics to straighten their teeth.”
You may be wondering why bother using Invisalign when orthodontics has usually been done with braces for many more years.
Reasons to consider Invisalign compared to braces:
- Braces are much bulkier and are quite visible even those that are made of ceramic
- Braces also cause difficulty with brushing, flossing and eating
- Braces could increase your chances of decay or gum disease
- Braces are also considered to be much more uncomfortable than Invisalign
- Braces are more likely to cause ulcers
- Braces are not suited to playing contact sports since it is very difficult to wear a proper mouth guard. A knock to the mouth could cause the brackets or wires used in braces to cause damage to your lips or cheeks
If you are searching for the clear and comfortable alternative to braces, orthodontics with the proven Invisalign system provided by Enhance Dental may be the perfect solution for you.